Monday, March 10, 2008

Crap, crap, crap...

I thought maybe I had made a mistake. Now, I'm pretty sure I made a mistake.

I just took a picture of my current progress on my Faux Russian Stole so I could post it here and blog about it. And in the picture, I saw my glaring error. Somehow, it's much easier for me to spot my mistakes in a photo then it is in real life.

faux russian stole

It is probably one of those things that you wouldn't notice if I didn't point it out. But of course - it is going to make me crazy and I have to rip back and fix it.

I think I knit a row twice.

GRRRRRRRRRR.

Ripping back lace is seriously no fun. I know, I know - I shoulda used a life line, but I didn't!

The hardest part for me is trying to figure out what row I am ripping back to and then getting back on track with the charts. UGH.

In other project news, I started a new something that is going to be super cute:

mystery knit

I know it looks like a big brown blob right now, but trust me - it's going to be cute! I'm not saying what it is yet. I think Katie probably can guess. It's her fault entirely that I needed to make this the second I saw it!

I don't know if I will be able to get this finished this week, but I'm going to try. I don't have too much more knitting to do on it, but I don't have a lot of knitting time this week. I have to go into tech at our Baltimore theatre. I sooo don't want to. I would much rather stay where I am, thank you! But they don't have anyone to open on lights, so lucky me - I get to go.

In addition to the above projects, I just picked up a project that had been languishing in the WIP bag for a while. After I saw this today on Stacey's Blog, I suddenly remembered that I had started and never finished this:

Provence Crocheted Mesh Bag

It's a Provence Crocheted Market Bag from Classic Elite.(free pattern!) Every time I go to the grocery store, I am very conscious of how many freaking plastic bags I bring home. So, I've wanted to make myself a market bag for a while. I saw this pattern and thought it would be quick and perfect for what I wanted. Yes people, it's crochet - but I really like it.

I'm having some issues with joining the rounds, but I think I figured it out. My earlier joins are not so pretty, but I'm not as OCD about that as I am with my knitting. There will be no ripping! Besides, I'm making this for function, not form. The pattern repeat on this is super simple, so I'm hoping I can finish this while I'm in tech this week.

I think I am going to go work on it right now! I'm just not ready to face the lace ripping!

6 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

Ha ha! I can't wait to see it finished!!!

1:27 AM  
Blogger bySarah said...

Your brown blob is ALREADY cute. I cant wait to see it finished! Know why I dont knit lace - I still dont see your mistake. Good luck ripping back though.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Ugh- I hate ripping. Backwards progress is so horrible! But, it will look beautiful when it's re-knit! I do like that bag. I'm forwarding the pattern to my sister....

8:04 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Love that bag!!

The lace looks pretty - even if it's wrong!!!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Just-Chuck said...

Yo, Pushy Broad,

How ARE you?

(Okay, enough of that.)

Pop over to my blog. I finished the Cobblestone Sweater!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Domie's Mom said...

I don't see the mistake, I think your work is beautiful and I envy you:)

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home